Monday, May 3, 2010

life changes

Do we want to take in more kids? Part of me says no, part of me says yes. Maybe we should try another kick at the can. Chances of us getting another long term placement is slim. Probably be a few months. In and outs.

We have decided not to take any kids in over the summer. Just see how it goes and then decide.

My reason for not wanting to do it is Alex. I am afraid of the things she will learn from these kids and the effect it will have on her. Plus the risk it puts her in.

My reasons for wanting to do it are - well we have the room and always wanted more then 1 child. I'm not going to lie - it is an income as well. Not a huge one, but it does help.

Alex wants us to take in more kids. She wants kids to play with.

If we do they will have to be old enough to be in school full time. I don't know. I just don't know.

The next question is work. I like where I work and I make good money. However because of Troy's shift I am not able to work as many hours. If I switch to home health care (like VON or paramed) I could work more hours and make more money. Well I would work more hours then I use to work for the same pay - doing home care means about $5 or more pay cut. I don't want to do home care, but in the end it is more money.

If I switch then I can't do my apprenticeship either. But if I stay, well my pays are cut in half now with Troy's new hours. He can't work over time because of contract talks and union stuff.

I don't know. Too many decisions to make at once.

Alex went back to school today. She still has a few spots that are healing but no one said anything. I bought her new socks today. She said she would wear them tomorrow and try them out. She did try one on. Leaps and bounds that girl is making! I hope she does wear them and they work out.

Soon I will have to start shopping for pants for her for next winter. I won't be buying them from sears!! (I bought some from sears - in 3 sizes so I would be set for a few years. I invested a few hundred dollars in them. They all shrunk so much that the largest size was like carpis on her by winters end. They shrunk about 6 inches!! Sears would not take them back or refund me)

Oh when it rain it poors - On Sunday when I was showering I was thinking 'it soulds like the water is going straight into the basement not the pipe!' But I was in a hurry and it was 5am so I didn't think any more about it. Troy got up and showered too. Well I was right. The water from our showers went straight into the basement. The shower was leaking. Lot of stuff ruined with water damage. Sigh!

But when life gives you lemons, you should squirt them in the eyes of the person who gave you them!

1 comment:

  1. Sweetness... must add sweetness...
    smile as you squeeze them!! :)

    ReplyDelete