Monday, March 2, 2009

living with a bunch of sickos!!

Well we are all sick. Fun fun fun!!! Alex missed 4 days of school. I have missed 2 days of work (I replaced my shifts or else I would have gone in), Dh came home early last night and doesn't plan to go in tonight, Big says his ear hurts when he burps, then his eye hurts when he chews. No comment on that!

Why are men such babies when they are sick? My Dh goes between can't do anything to grown man without warning. So I will ask him if he wants some soup and he will say "I'm a grown man. If I want soup I can make it.". 5 mins later he will be whinning he wants a drink and please can I get it for him. He asked me not to take any call in shifts this week, He is too sick to look after Alex.

I have spent the last few days in the bathroom and yet no one helped me parent! No one offered anything to make me feel better. No one did anything to make my life easier.

Alex has renamed Fat Tony - Richard. Now she has renamed the cats many times. This is the longest she has stuck to the new name. When DH kicked Fatty off the couch Alex told him to show Richard some respect! LOL. Who names a cat Richard??

I order Alex a special bracelet and necklace. She loves to chew. She needs that oral stimulation. She chews her shirts and sleeves, hair, nails, anything really. So this necklace and bracelet is for kids who need oral stimulation. Basically it's a chew toy, LOL. It should come this week or next in the mail. I am interested to see how that goes over. I hope she likes it. I hate it when she tries to cuddle with you and she has slimy hair or clothes - eewwwww!!!!

I got the car trap on Sunday. Alex gets you trapped in the car with her and then she just talks and talks and talks. "At school I play crash with Tye. He is crash and I am coco. Sometimes when a bad guy is behind me I punch behind me to get him. Tye can run really fast but I can run faster. I can see though things. I can see though my hand. I can see though the car doors but (sniffle sniffle whine whine) no one believes me. Why won't anyone believe me? No one believe that I am the fastest runner in my school either. I can run faster then the grade 8's. I told Big D that my teacher took a vote to see who had the best Birthday party, I won by the way, and Big D didn't believe me. Why won't anyone believe me..."

Shut up shut up SHUT UP!! No I didn't really tell her to shut up, but man if she could read my mind she would be crying!! For some reason when ever she is in the car she just talks non stop!

We took Little D out to dinner plus their little sister T. Little D has gotten worse. I don't know if it is because he hates where he is so much or if it is anger at me for having him moved. The last few times we have seen him he is filled with anger. He snaps at me and gives me real short answers. He is like that with us all. Basically it is like he just got in major poo poo at home before he came out with us. I have asked him if everything is OK and he is short with me. Even his Grandparents have noticed this. I feel bad for him and helpless. What can I do? I keep telling him he is welcome to call anytime if he wants to talk.

Big D wants him to do all our summer stuff with us. So far we have planned Canada's wonderland and a week of camping. I understand Bid D wanting us to do that, however Little D has ruined every family vacation we have had since he came to us. He is always grumpy and yelling at everyone. Having tantrums over everything. I don't know. I'll be honest I would rather do a bunch of local day trips with him. I don't want our big trips to be ruin, yet again. With his increased anger and attitude towards everyone...

Poor Little D. I really wish I could have helped him more. I can't imagine what it is like to be him. I can't imagine living in a world where no one wants me. I really wanted things to work out with him.

Anyways, Alex and I saw mall cop on Sunday. I knew Alex would not like it. But she insisted. I told her we were not leaving half way though if she didn't like it. She said that was OK. Half way though...I'm bored. Suck it up buttercup!! We are staying for the whole thing! And we did. She was pretty well behaved. However she kept asking questions every 2 seconds. How come they did this? Why are they doing that? What happened to so and so? sigh

Alex is making life altering decisions. She is trying to decide is she should be a scientist or a singer or a talent show performer when she grows up. I say do then all!! Maybe she will end up rich and I can sponge off her!! She can take me to the stores and I can beg for things! Oh what fun it will be!! Think of the great old age home I will be in!!

Things kids have learned

No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.
When your Mom is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair.
If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.
Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
Reading what people write on desks can teach you a lot.
Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
Puppies still have bad breath even after eating a tic tac.
Never hold a dustbuster and a cat at the same time.
School lunches stick to the wall.
You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
The best place to be when you are sad is in Grandma's lap.


Oh it was so cold outside this morning Alex and I both had snotcicles while waiting for the bus. Been a long time since I had those!

Has anyone tried threading? I am trying his for hair removal. It is interesting. Sorry If I am typing funny Alex is now crawling on me. She is trying to get beside me on the couch (so between me and the back of the couch). What a goof ball!! Oh sorry she isn't Alex she is Mimi the cat. Mimi is her alter ego. Oh great now she is purring and rubbing up against me. Stinking cat!!!

Oh well that's all for now. Don't forget to comment even if it is just to say hi.

Over and out

1 comment:

  1. awesome! Hope your family is all better soon!! Poor Little D, I hope he settles soon. You have such an interesting family!! Love to read your blog! Keep it going!
    luvmyboyz

    ReplyDelete