Friday, March 13, 2009

I've got a penpal you know!!

Alex got her 1st letter today from her new penpal. She is walking around the house saying "I've got a penpal, you know!" LOL She is so excited.

Alex comes out of the bathroom the other day steaming mad. She starts yelling at Dad and I. "How hard is it to change the toilet paper? How come every time I use the bathroom I have to change the roll? It's not hard to change the roll, you know. Even the 6 year old can do it! Geez!"

So then (I assume in protest) she has started putting the empty rolls of toilet paper back in the extra roll holder,lol.

I was watching TV last week and a commercial comes on saying we all have an Olympic athlete in us. Well no wonder I am over weight! How long have I been carry this athlete around? If they are an athlete, why do I need to carry then around? They are fit and in shape, they should be carrying me! So no more diet and exercise (not that I really did) for me! Instead I am focused on getting this free loader out of me! Think about how much weight I will lose when I do that!

Alex wants a few blond streaks in her hair. I think when we go on Monday to get her hair cut I will ask the hairdresser what she thinks. Plus I am going to have her sit under the dryer to see if she can do it. I'd hate to get the colour in her hair and then she refuse!

I found out how to get Alex to clean her room. I told her she needed to clean her room so her friend could sleep over tomorrow night. Well she was gone in a flash! Now the question is, is it wrong of me to pretend someone is sleeping over every few weeks so she will clean her room? Then after I will tell her they canceled? LOL. Now that I think about it, the freak out over them canceling will be worse then the freak out over cleaning her room.

Signs you drink too much coffee
- You answer the door before people knock.
- Juan Valdez named his donkey after you.
- You ski uphill.
- You grind your coffee beans in your mouth.
- You haven't blinked since the last lunar eclipse.
- You lick your coffeepot clean.
- You're the employee of the month at the local coffeehouse and you don't even work there.
- Your eyes stay open when you sneeze.
- You chew on other people's fingernails.
- Your T-shirt says, "Decaffeinated coffee is the devil's blend."
- You can type sixty words per minute ... with your feet.
- You can jump-start your car without cables.
- Cocaine is a downer.
- You don't need a hammer to pound nails.
- Your only source of nutrition comes from "Sweet & Low."
- You don't sweat, you percolate.
- You buy 1/2 & 1/2 by the barrel.
- You've worn out the handle on your favorite mug.
- You go to AA meetings just for the free coffee.
- You walk twenty miles on your treadmill before you realize it's not plugged in.
- You forget to unwrap candy bars before eating them.
- Charles Manson thinks you need to calm down.
- You've built a miniature city out of little plastic stirrers.
- People get dizzy just watching you.
- You've worn the finish off your coffee table.
- The Taster's Choice couple wants to adopt you.
- Starbucks owns the mortgage on your house.
- Your taste buds are so numb you could drink your lava lamp.
- Instant coffee takes too long.
- When someone says. "How are you?", you say, "Good to the last drop."
- You want to be cremated just so you can spend the rest of eternity in a coffee can.
- Your birthday is a national holiday in Brazil.
- You're offended when people use the word "brew" to mean beer.
- You have a picture of your coffee mug on your coffee mug.
- You can thread a sewing machine, while it's running.
- You can outlast the Energizer bunny.
- You short out motion detectors.
- You don't even wait for the water to boil anymore.
- Your nervous twitch registers on the Richter scale.
- You think being called a "drip" is a compliment.
- You don't tan, you roast.
- You can't even remember your second cup.
- You help your dog chase its tail.

3 comments:

  1. you rock! Keep up the blog! I love that last one...you help your dog chase its tail, LOL
    luvmyboyz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh! zeddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she was happy with her letter!!

    You are one funny lady you know! :)

    ReplyDelete